C440 and 450 Resin Chairs
Palmer Snyder’s C440 and C450 resin chairs don’t inter-stack (not compatible with each other stacking-wise). Mixing inventory is not a good idea. The chairs are identical in color, weight and load bearing capacity and share the same snap-in seat pad. The C450 is the original design, with solid resin construction and has more of an outdoor furniture appearance. The C440 is gas-injected resin and looks more like a true wood chair than the C450. The C440 is far and away most popular chair in rental market.
HOW DO YOU IDENTIFY EACH CHAIR?
The best way to identify is to get a photo of the seat back where you can find the visible differences between the chairs.
Identifying differences are:
- C440 has a solid, rectangular frame giving the appearance of a true wood chair.
- C450 has an L-shaped frame.
- C440 has a visible “oval shaped depression in the back” appx. 4” wide X 2.5” inches high, in the center of the back.
- C450 has a smooth, solid back with no depression. Additionally, the 450 back has a cut-away section where the back joins the leg on 450’s that does not exist on 440’s.
- C450 has a small stacking nub on the front of each leg appx 4” up from the ground. C440 has no stacking nub.
- C440 has a noticeable bar - 2/5” high across the back of the seat where the C450 has none.
Back to news